7.11.2012

Workshop Wednesdays: Art Journaling


For years I’ve wanted to get into Art Journaling ever since seeing a Somerset craft magazine about it. It seems to combine everything: crafting, photography, painting, and of course writing. I made a few attempts on my own, but I really didn’t know how to get started. 
One of my favorite bloggers Kara Haupt is an amazing journaler and crafter (she’s my number one inspiration for all paper crafts). She has produced several art journaling classes in PDF form that you can order. I purchased her “Life Story” journal class and I am so in love with Art Journaling. Of course, because I’m so bad at focusing on one project at a time it’s taking me a little longer to finish but it’s really opened my mind to a different type of writing and crafting. The journal feels like a physical representation of myself which I could somehow never accomplish on my own. After taking her class I have been developing some of my own ideas for an art journal to work on when I’m done with this one.
If you are interested in Art Journaling I highly recommend Kara’s classes. She is a great teacher, they are not expensive and you can keep the class and do it over and over again.
These are photos of my art journaling so far. xoxo. Sarah jazzmine.
the inside of the box
p.s-

No comments:

Post a Comment