7.12.2012

Through My Window


For those of you who don’t know later this summer I will be moving out of my little place with my dad into a bigger house (For friends reading this I will be going to the same school). I always get a little nostalgic when I think about moving, but more than that I’ve lived in this little place longer than I have lived anywhere else in my life. As a child I was a victim of constant moving. Every year a new school and new friends and a new place to call home. However, I’m naturally a bit restless so I tend to love moving and love traveling. But still, I can’t help but feel some sadness for leaving this place behind. This is the place I sewed my first hair bow, blogged my first post, where I wrote countless poems. This is the place I came after every homecoming game, and where I cried about 90% of my schoolwork. This is where acquaintances became best friends over a simple sleepover and where best friends dwelled safely knowing that they could always find comfort in my room. This has been my home. And I’m going to miss it. I thought about all this yesterday looking through my window out at the land. I thought about how over the years I have watched seasons change through that window and now it’s time for a new season in my life. I’m not going to lie I’m pretty scared about everything: senior year, getting into college, and if I’ll even accomplish all my many dreams. But there is no need to worry. All I can do is work hard, love people, and do my best. I’ll keep yall updated on the move.
Much love, sarah jasmine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment