3.07.2012

Workshop Wednesdays

I absolutely love writing. I think that words are the most beautiful form of human expression and intellect and I can't help but write on everything as soon as inspiration hits. I wanted to start this weekly post called "Workshop Wednesdays" to inspire others to write often, at least once a week, and also to help me to remember to write. I think wednesday is a perfect day to do it because it's right smack dab in the middle of the week. In the middle of all the chaos and all the things of the week I feel like we have the most to say and the most to think about.
Each week I will be posting different prompts or writing activities that I will do myself and then show you here. I highly encourage you to try them out for yourself!

This week's assignment is deletion poetry. I learned about this the summer before my freshman year of high school going to a college writing workshop. I think it's super neat and fun even if it's not the easiest way to make good writing.



Basically all you do is take a page of a book or magazine that you don't care for and a pen or marker and cross out words until you make your poem. It's so cool to see what you can make out of something else and even if it doesn't always make sense it's kind of neat to think about why you picked certain words.


After you are done you can type it up and save it for good.


Here is my poem:

You know it.
Lily has red hair, green eyes, and marvels about how words come inside your armor. 
Just a look, or a comment can send you
handsome confidence and beauty
She thinks she's inspiring you or 
maybe she might even see a little bit of herself in you, 
and words are
meant to make you feel total inner peace. 

I hope you find this as entertaining as I do!
Happy Wednesday. Sarah Jasmine. 


No comments:

Post a Comment